Go, Play and Do
Confused about how to use go, play and do? This short explanation will help you make mistake when using those 3 verbs.
It is often used with activities that end with “Ing”
For example: I am going running tomorrow morning
Play is used with ball sports, in competitive games and following rules.
For example: We are playing volleyball tomorrow morning
It is for recreational activities and exercises.
For example: I am tired of doing yoga with friends.
List of Activities and Sports
|How many sit-ups can you do in a minute?|
|How many push-ups can you do in two minutes?|
|What do you think about doing yoga?|
|Where do you like to go swimming?|
|Have you ever played soccer?|
|How often do you go running?|
|Do you ever go cycling?|
|Do you know how to play chess?|
|Do you ever play basketball?|
|Have you ever gone camping?|
|What games do you like to play?|
Write the right verb in its correct form to complete the sentences
- Why don’t you___________________soccer?
- When do you ______________ jogging?
- Do you usually _____________yoga on fridays?
- I never _____________ swimming in the rivers?
- Mike and Luis_____________ karate very well.
- ______________ chess is quite difficult to understand.
- I have never __________ judo?
- I don’t like to ____________ exercises.
- She ______________ running every morning
- I don’t know how to ________ chess.
- I love ___________ fishing with my dad
- She _______________ running last night
- She likes____________ badminton
- I don’t usually ___________chess with my colleagues
- I rarely_____________ swimming on mondays
- She has never____________ poker
For more grammar resources, visit the Grammar Section in Englishpost.org