The Monkey’s Paw
The Monkey’s Paw is a supernatural short story by author W. W. Jacobs first published in England in 1902. In the story, three wishes are granted to the owner of the monkey’s hand, but the wishes come with an enormous price for interfering with fate.
The Monkey’s Paw is a 2013 American horror film based on the short story of the same name by author W. W. Jacobs. The film revolves around Jake Tilton who receives a mysterious monkey’s paw talisman which grants him three wishes. The film was directed by Brett Simmons, written by Macon Blair and produced by Ross Otterman for TMP Films, and is a Chiller Films presentation.
The film was released in theaters and video on demand on October 8, 2013, and received mostly negative reviews.
Read the statement and Choose what character said or did this
- Sergeant-Major Morris
- Herbert White
- Who threw the paw into the fire?____________________
- Who came for a visit?:_____________________________________
- Who was a soldier?_______________________________________
- Who wished for the two thousand pounds?_________________________
- Who died in a machinery accident?________________________________
- Who said the second with?_____________________________________
- Who said this:
- “Well, wish for two hundred pounds”:_________________________
- “If you keep it, don’t blame me for what happens”:___________________
- “Well don’t break into the money before I come back,”:_________________
- “You’re afraid of your own son”:____________________
Resources for Analysis
- Story (AmericanLiterature.com)
- Summary and Analysis (Shmoop.com)
- Summary and Analysis (SparkNotes.com)
- Quiz by ProPof.com
- Quiz by GradeSaver.com
- Quiz by Shmoop.com
- Quiz by BookRags.com
- Quiz by Enotes.com
The Monkey’s Paw PDF
For more information about Literature, make sure that you visit our Literature page.