Getting to Know you Questions
Getting to Know You Questions help people learn more about each other, they are very useful to get information such as names, interests, experiences, memories and so on. The results are often humorous, interesting, or fascinating.
100 Getting to Know You Conversation Questions
These are some of the questions that you can include in getting to know you conversation activities
Getting to Know you Questions: Life
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
— Robert Frost
- What’s your main philosophy in life?
- What would you like to change about yourself physically?
- Are you religious or spiritual? What are your beliefs?
- What was the best phase in your life?
- What was the worst phase in your life?
- What makes you feel accomplished?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- What is one dream you have yet to accomplish?
Getting to Know you Questions: Feelings
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart”
― Helen Keller
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What gets you excited?
- What makes you angry?
Getting to Know you Questions: Exercising
“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.”
— Paul Terry
- Do you work out regularly?
- How fit would you like to be?
- What kind of exercises do you like to do?
- What kind of exercising do you hate doing?
Getting to Know you Questions: Health
“A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement”
— Jess C. Scott
- Have you ever broken a bone?
- Have you ever had a major surgery?
Getting to Know you Questions: Friends
“Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend”
— Albert Camus
- Who is your best friend?
- Do you have an enemy? who is your worst enemy?
- What friends have you lost through the years?
- Who are five people you are closest with?
Getting to Know you Questions: Place
- What is your favorite place?
- What would your perfect room look like?
- What would your dream house look like?
- How often do you go out?
- Where is the best place to go on holiday?
Getting to Know you Questions: Hobbies
“If you don’t stick to your values when they’re being tested, they’re not values: they’re hobbies.”
— Jon Stewart
- When you’re not working, how do you like to spend your time?
- How do you like to spend your time?
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
- How do you relax after a hard day of work?
Getting to Know you Questions: Jobs
“It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.”
— J.R.R. Tolkien
- What job are you good at?
- What job are you terrible at?
- What is your dream job?
- What was your first job?
- What skill would you like to master?
- Does your job makes you happy?
- What’s your favorite thing about your current job?
- What do you want to achieve in your professional life?
Getting to Know you Questions: Stuff
- What objects do you always carry with you?
- What is the most expensive thing you own?
Getting to Know you Questions: Music and TV
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
— Bob Marley
- What’s your favorite TV program?
- What’s your favorite actor?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite 90’s show?
- What’s the best movie that you have ever seen?
- If you had to pick five movies to watch during the weekend, which ones would you pick?
- What kind of music do you hate?
- What game of throne chracter would you like to be?
- What’s Your Favorite Comedy Movie?
- Who Was Your Favorite Cartoon Character As A Child?
Getting to Know you Questions: Favorites
- What app do you use the most?
- What’s your favorite word?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What’s your favorite Celebrity?
- What’s your favorite day of the week?
Getting to Know you Questions: Love and Dating
- What makes a person attractive?
- How do you define love?
- Is personality as important as looks?
- What do you think of best friends of the opposite sex?
- Do you like meeting boys or girls online?
- How long was your most serious relationship?
- How long was your shortest relationship?
- How do you define beauty?
Getting to Know you Questions: Drugs and Alcohol
- Have you ever done recreational drugs?
- Do you drink alcohol? What is your favorite thing to drink?
Getting to Know you Questions: Reading
“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
— Mark Twain
- Was the last thing you read digital or in print?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite book made into film?
- What was the last book you read?
Getting to Know you Questions: Family
- Do you want a family of your own?
- How many kids would you like to have?
- Do you want to have a big family?
Getting to Know you Questions: Education
“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
— Mark Twain
- If You Could Go Back To School, Would You Choose The Same Major?
Getting to Know you Questions: Imagination
- If You Could Live In A Book, TV Show, Or Movie, What Would It Be?
- If you had to live on a desert island, what three objects would you take with you?
- If You Could Have One Superpower, What Would It Be And How Would You Use It?
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- If You Could Time Travel, Would You Go To The Past Or The Future?
- If You Could Get Away With A Crime, Would You? If Yes, What Would It Be?
Getting to Know you Questions: Everything
- Where did you grow up?
- What are you most likely to become famous for?
- What’s the best way to start the day?
- Do you have any pets?
- If you could be someone else for a day, who would you like to be?
- What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
- Do you like your name? Why?/ Why not?
- What did you have to give up to achieve your current level of success?
More ESL Conversation Questions
Did you find these getting to know you conversation questions useful?
This one of our newest secitons. Use these questions to promote speaking in the classroom.
- 50 Conversation Questions about Entertainment
- Conversation Questions about Careers and Jobs
- Social Networks Conversation Questions
- 50 Conversation Questions about Computers
- 70 Music Conversation Questions
- 30 Brilliant Conversation Starters for the ESL Classroom
- 70 School Conversation Questions
- 100 Great Health Conversation Questions
- 32 Immigration Discussion Questions
- Friends Conversation Questions
- ESL Conversations: 50 Conditional Questions