Lesson #1 Locate and Describe Places Around Town
Preposition of Place
- besides to
- next to
- infront of
- across from
- around the corner from
- on main street
- on the second floor
- at 415 main street
- High School
- Butcher shop
- Hardware shop
- Grocery Store
Description of places
Key Phrases and Questions
- The House is located next to the supermarket.
- The Mall is in front of the university
- I live across from Taco Bell
- There is a highschool near the mall
- Do you know where the bus station is?
- Can you tell me where the bus station is?
Lesson #2 How to Talk about Goods and Services
Places, Goods and Services
- Airport: You can travel to another city.
- Bakery: you can buy fresh bread and cakes there.
- Bank: you deposit money or cash a check.
- Bookstore: you can buy books and magazines in that place.
- Bus station: You can take a bus to another city.
- Butcher’shop: You can buy fresh meat there.
- café: you can buy a cup of coffee, cakes or sandwiches.
- Church: You can pray and worship there.
- Department Store: You can buy clothes , appliances and so much more.
- Cinema/movies: you can see the latest movies there.
- Gas Station: You can buy fuel
- Gym: you can do exercises, weight training and keep fit there
- Beauty Salon: you go there when you want to cut your hair
- Hospital: you go there when you need a surgery .
- Hotel: where you can sleep when you visit another city
- Jail / Prison: criminals go there for a number of days or years
- Library: a place where you can read and borrow books
- Pharmacy/ Drugstore: you can buy medicines
- Police Station: when a person is arrested, the police takes him/her to this place
- Park: where you can rest, play or walk your dog
- Restaurant: you go there to buy meals and special dishes.
- School: a place where children learn
- Supermarket: You can buy food and drinks
How to Describe Goods and Services
- Beauty Salon
- Car Wash
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Dry Clearning
- Fire Station
- Flower Shop
- Gas Station
- Ice Cream
- Pet Shop
- Police Station
- Post Office
- Toy Store
- Travel Agency
- What goods can you buy in a supermarket?
- Where do you buy groceries?
- What activities can you do in a gym?
- What can you do in a cafeteria?
- Where do you usually buy bread and coffee?
- What services can you get in a bank?
- What can you do in a hotel?
- What can you do in a mall?
- What services can you get in a travel agency?
Lesson 4: How to go Shopping
- How much?
- How many?
- To spend money
- To get a discount
- To give a discount
- To sell
- To buy
- To go shopping
- To browse
- To go window shopping
- Can you recommend a good shoe store?
- Do you take credit cards?
- Can I pay in cash?
- Is there pharmacy in this area?
- Where can I buy books?
- Where is the nearest shopping centre?
- Do you know where the nearest hardware store is?
Lesson#5 How to Order Food in English
Vocabulary to Order Food in English
- Chicken soup
- Slice of Pizza
- Soft Drinks
Phrases to Order to Food in English
- Would you like to start with a drink?
- Would you like to taste the wine?
- Can I take your order?
- Are you ready to order?
- What would you recommend?
- What are the specialities?
- What are today’s specials?
- Can we have the bill, please?
- Can we have teh check, please?
- Do you have question about the menu?
- What do you have?
- Do you want the combo meal?
- What would you like to drink?
- Can we have a table for two?
- Hi, Welcome to Applebee’s
- I’d like a cheese pizza, please.
- I’m going to have the eggs and toast.
- I’ll get the coconut ice cream.
- I‘ll take the burger
- I’m going to take the hot chocolate
- That will be $8
Lesson#6 How to Buy Tickets and Make a Reservation
Vocabulary and Key Expressions
- How can I help you?
- Round Trip Ticket
- One-Way Ticket
- I’d like a room.
- How much is a single room?
- Is there a pool?
- What floor is the _________ on?
- Where is the restaurant located?
- What time is checkout?
- Do you accept VISA/Mastercard?
- How may I help you?
- Can I have your name please?
- How do you spell that?
- Would you like a single or a double?
- How many people are you traveling with?
- How many nights will you be staying?
- How will you be paying?
- Would you like a wake-up call?
- Is there anything else you would like to know?
Lesson #8: How to Give Directions Indoors
- Go forward
- turn left/ right at the corner
- walk along
- walk straight ahead
- take the elevator
- go in
- go out
- go through
- it’s right here
- it’s on your right /left
- it’s the second door on your right
Prepositions of Place
- next to
- in front of
- across from
Places Inside the Building
|Copy Center||Lunch room|
Asking for Direction inside a Building
- Where is the computer room?
- Where is the public telephone?
- Excuse, where are the restrooms?
- Can you tell me where the public telephone is?
- How do you get to the ATM?
- Do you know where English class is?
- Please tell me the directions to the elevator
- What are the directions to the Administration Office
- What is the way to the gym?
- I’m looking for the library
- How do I go to the Cafeteria?
- How can I get to the clothing store?
- The restaurant is at the end of the hallway to the right.
- The elevators are straight ahead on the left
- The stairway is around the corner over there.
- -Go along the corridor / hall.
- Turn right at the end of the hall.
- Take the stairs down to the basement
- Go through the door.-
- It’s just through / past / after the door.
- Take the elevator up to the top floor.
- Go up to the fifth fl oor.
- Go straight ahead.
Dialogue: Give Locations Inside a Hotel
- Receptionist: Good Morning, How can I help you?
- Guest: Can you tell me where the bar is?
- Receptionist: It is near the dance room
- Guest: Could you tell me how to get to the bar?
- Receptionist: The bar is on the second floor. Please go straight along the hallway. Take the escalator up one floor. The bar is on your left.
- Guest: Thanks a lot
- Receptionist: You are welcome
#10 and #11 Likes, Dislikes and Preferences
|Chatting with friends||Like|
|Checking Facebook||Listening to Music|
|Cycling||Play board games|
|Dance||play the piano|
|Discovering new music||Playing chess|
|Dislike||Playing Free Fire|
|Doing yoga||playing games|
|fantasy sports||Rock music|
|Going on dates||surfing|
|Going out for drinks||Taking vacations|
|Going to church||Travelling|
|Going to parties||video games|
|Going to the beach||Visit museums|
|Going to the gym||Volleyball|
|Going to the movies||Walking|
|Going to the park||Watch TV|
|Going to the pool||Watching movies|
Yes or no Question
- Do you love listening to music?
- Do you like watching movies?
- Do you like doing exercises?
- Do you like watching sports?
- Do you love cooking?
- Do you enjoy playing video games?
- Do you like dancing?
- Do youlove eating fast food?
- Do you like using social networks?
- Do you like speaking languages?
#12 Compare Physical Appearance
- than / is / taller / She / me.
- I / than / her. / am / skinnier
- shorter / me. / is / than / He
- than / Joe’s / Mike. / older
- Linda / younger / / is / than / John
- joshua / is / Mike / than / stronger
- the / in / Linda / team. / is / Basketball / tallest / the
- oldest / John / in / the / the / is / classroom.
- the / am / man / I / the / handsome / most / in / room.
- the / woman / the / in / She / beautiful / is / university. / most
- girl / in / the / family. / the / Sheila / youngest / is
- the / the / Mike / in / wrestling / athlete / is / team. / strongest
- am / smarter / him / than / I
- than / is / Maria / Nicer / Linda
- him / I / than / am / open / more / minded
- creative / than / more / me / She / is
- more / Mike / is / her / than / clever
- funniest / I / party. / person / am / the / the / in
- class. / the / I / most / am / / intelligent / in / student
- She / the / in / confident / most / is / the / team. / athlete
#13 Comparisons in English
Read the statements and Talk to your classmates if these sentences are true or not for you
Likes and Dislikes
- I like running every morning.
- I enjoy watching movies and TV Shows on Netflix.
- I check Facebook and Instagram every day.
- I never go to the movies.
- I love to dance on the weekends.
- I have brown eyes
- My mother has curly hair
- My brother is very tall
- I have short hair
- My brother and my sister have tattoes
- I am very shy, I don’t make friends easily
- I am smart, I am very good at math
- I am a very confident speaking in public
- I am funny, I make my friends laugh
- I consider myself a creative person