Lesson#1: How to Introduce Yourself
- Good Morning (You can say “morning” only)
- Morning [Name of the person , people or term here ]
- Morning , Guys
- Good Afternoon
- Good Night
- Good Evening
- How are you ?
- How are you doing?
- How is it going?
- Hey, [Name of the person]
- Hey, What’s up ( You can say “What up” or say “what’s up”)
- Hey, Buddy
- Hey, Guys (Guys is gender neutral)
- Hey, What’s going on?
- What’s the new?
Useful expressions to respond to Greetings
- It is good to see you or good to see you
- Not bad
- Pretty good
- Not Good
- Not much (It can be used to respond to what’ s up or what’s going on?)
Useful expressions for introductions
- What’s your name? My name is [Your name here]
- My nickname is [Your name here]
- People call me [Your name here]
- This is [name of a friend]
- I am [ [name of a friend]
- I am happy to meet you
- Nice to see you again
- Excuse me
- Thanks/Thank you
- Nice/good to meet you
- Nice meeting you too
- I am from [place, school ]
- I live in [Residence]
- My Number is [Phone Number]
- I work in [ Workplace]
- I study in [ Name ofSchool]
- My Email Adress is [Email Address]
- See you
- See You later
- See you tomorrow
- See you in a few (In a few means in a few minutes or hours)
- See you around
- Take care
Lesson#2: How to Ask for Personal Information
- Where are you from? I am from the United States
- When were you born? I was born in Oklahoma
- Where do you live? I live in Italy
- How old are you? I am 24 years old
- Do you live in a house or in an apartment? I live in an apartment
- Do you have any brothers and sisters? I have three brothers and three sisters
- Do you have any pets? I have two cats and a dog
- Who do you live with? I live with three university friends
- What do you do? I am a blogger and I study website design
- Do you have any children? what are their names? I don’t have any children
- Where did you study? I studied in Oklahoma Elementary School
- Do you have a nickname? People call me Bob
- What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to country music
- What TV shows do you watch? I like to watch comedies
- Do you play any sports? which ones? I do, I like to play soccer with friends
- What social networks do you like to use? I use Facebook and Instagram
- What applications do you use the most? I use Google Play music a lot
- What do you usually do on the weekends? I usually go to dance club and concerts
- What’s your favorite food? I like meat, chicken and healthy food
- What sport do you like? I like to watch soccer games
- What makes you happy? I like living without stress
- Do you like to listen to music? What kind of music do you like?
- Do you like to play sports? What sports do you like to play?
- Do you like movies? What kind of movies do you like?
- Do you live in Liberia? What neighborhood do you live in?
- Do you have pets? What pets do you have?
- Do you have any children? What are their names?
- Do you like dancing? What music do you like to dance?
- Do you use social networks? What social networks do you use?
- Are you a university student? Where do you study?
- Do you have any brothers? How many brothers do you have?
- Do you like coffee? How many cups do you drink a day?
Lesson #3 How to Describe Occupations
- Bank Teller
- Police Officer
- Real State Agent
- Police Officer
- Website Designer
- It Professional
- What’s your name?
- What do you do?
- Where do you work?
- Where is the company located?
- What are some of your responsibilities?
- What qualities do you need to do your job?
- I design Websites = Website Designer
- I sell properties = Real State Agent
- I keep people safe = Police Officer
- I keep people healthy = Doctor
- I filter calls = Secretary
- I write stories for the press = Journalist
- I supervise factory workers = Supervisor
- I charge for products you buy = Cashier
- I keep financial records = Accountant
- I help with bank transactions = Bank Teller
- I teach about subjects = Teachers
- I supervise constructions = Architect
- I translate from one language into another = Translator
- I offer computer support = IT Professional
Lesson#4 How to Describe Daily Routines
- To wake up
- To get up
- To have breakfast
- To take a shower
- To go to school
- To take the bus
- To have lunch
- To study for exams
- To read a book
- To go to bed
- To chat with friends
- To go to the pool
- To get dressed
- To comb my hair
- To clean up the room
- To stay up late
- To watch tv
- To play video games
- To listen to music
- To do the dishes
- To check facebook
- To hang out with friends
- To play sports
- To brush my teeth
- To do the homework
- To have dinner
- To walk the dog
- To do exercises
- To talk to friends
- I wake up around 8 AM
- I usually take a shower at 9 AM
- I have dinner at 6 PM
- I go to bed at 11 PM
Lesson #5 How to Describe a Place of Work or Study
- Where do you study?
- Where do you work?
- Where is the university located?
- The University is located in Liberia
- Does the University have a gym?
- The University has a small gym
- What do you study?
- I study business Administration
- What deparment do you work in?
- I work for the marketing department
- What facilities do you have in your school?
- The school has computer labs and classroom with air conditioning
- What facilities does your company have?
- The company has cafeterias and comfortable offices
- Does the university offer free WIFI?
- The University has a stable WIFI connection
- Does the company have cafeteria?
- The company has a cafeteria
Lesson #7 Interview
Part #1: Introduce Yourself
- How are you? How are you doing?
- What’s your full name?
- How do you spell your last name?
- What’s your telephone number?
- Where do you live ?
- Where do you work ?
- Where do you study?
- How old are you?
Part #2 Personal Information
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Are you married or single?
- Do you like to listen to music?
- What type of music do you listen?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you like movies?
- what kind of movies do you like?
- Do you like sports?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What social networks do you use?
- What do you usually do during the mornings?
- What do you usually do during the afternoons?
- What do you usually do during the night?
- Do you work or study?
- Where do you work or sudy?
- Where is the company / university located?
- What do you study? What do you do in your job?
- What facilities do you have in your school or at work?
Lesson #8 How to Make Requests
Grammar Structures to Make Requests
Expressions with Could
- Could you give me a hand?
- Could you help me with this problem?
- Could you carry this for me please?
Expressions with Can
- Can I have the menu?
- Can you pass me the newspaper?
- Can you buy the ticket for me?
Expressions with Will
- Will you carry this for me?
- Will you take my daughter home?
- Will you send me that important document?
Very Direct Requests
- I need some help
- I need you to go to my office
- I want to go to the hospital
- I want to go running
How to Make Polite Requests
Expressions with Would
- Would you like to go to the club?
- Would you like to help me please?
- Would you like to buy some groceries for me?
Lesson #9 Exchange Personal Information
|What’s her name?||She is Maria|
|What’s his last name?||His last name is Johnson|
|Does she have a nickname?||People call her Liz|
|What does she do?||She is a doctor|
|Where do they work?||They work in Walmart|
|Do they like their job?||They love their job|
|Is she single?||She is married|
|Does she have a boyfriend ?||She has girlfriend|
|Do they have any children?||They have three children|
|How many brothers and sisters does she have?||She has two sisters|
|How old is she?||She is 29 years od|
|When is her birthday?||Her birthday is on September 25th|
|When was she born?||She was born in 1998|
|Where is she from?|| She is from russia|
|Where does she live?||She lives in Boston|
|What’s his phone number?||His number is 6875-5678|
|What type of movies does she like?||She likes drama movies|
|What type of music does she like?||She loves House music|
|What sport do they like?||They love watching soccer|
|Do they have pets?||They have a dog and two cats|
|What’s his favorite food?||He loves fast food|
Lesson #10 Talk about Other’s Daily Routines
|Arrive home||have breakfast|
|brush my teeth||have dinner|
|Call my friends||have lunch|
|chat with friends||Listen to songs|
|check facebook|| Listen to music|
|Check instagram||Listen to podcasts|
|clean up the room||Listen to the radio|
|comb my hair||play basketball|
|Dance||Play free fire|
|do exercises||play games|
|do the dishes||play soccer|
|do the homework||play sports|
|do the laundry||play tennis|
|Drive ||play video games|
|Eat breakfast||read a book|
|Eat dinner||Read the newspaper|
|Finish work||Send email|
|get dressed||start work|
|Get home||stay up late|
|Go cycling||Study English|
|go jogging ||study for exams|
|Go on a date||Take a nap|
|Go out for dinner||take a shower|
|Go out for drinks||Take the train|
|go running||take the bus|
|go swimming ||Talk to friends|
|go to bed||wake up|
|Go to church||Wake up early|
|go to school||walk the dog|
|go to the movies||Watch movies|
|go to the pool||Watch Netflix shows|
|go to work||watch tv|
|hang out with friends||Work |
|Have a snack||Work out|
Description of my Friend’s Daily Routine
- My friend Maria wakes up at 6:00 AM.
- She takes a shower at 7:00 AM.
- She has breaksfast and then she drives to work.
- She gets to work at 8: 00 AM
- She has lunch at 11: 20 and takes some time to check Facebook
- She usually gets home at 5: 00 PM
- She plays with her children at night
- She watches Netflix Shows
- She brushes her teeth before going to bed.
- She goes to bed around 10: 00 PM
- She doesn’t check Facebook or Instagram at Night
#11 How to Describe Appearance
|Brown hair||Red hair|
|Black hair||Grey hair|
|Blue eyes||Brown eyes|
|Dark Hair||Long Hair|
|Short Hair||Wavy Hair|
|Curly Hair||Black Eyes|
Scramble the Words
Scramble the words to make sentences and then use that information to create negative statements
- curly / She / has / hair
- She / has / eyes / brown
- is / years / 25 / old / She
- They / are / athletic
- He / is / very / handsome
- She / beautiful / very / is
- am / 31 / I / years /old
- very / She / is / old
- is / very / He / young
- has / curly / She / hair
- slim / is / brother / My
- has / hair / brown / My / sister
- My / green / have / eyes / sons
- straight / hair / have / I
- are / We / in / shape
- is / looking / good / She / very
True / False Statements about Yourself
- I am skinny and I have black hair.
- I am very athletic and I am 25 years old.
- I have green eyes and I am fat.
- I am in shape and I have brown eyes.
- I have curly hair and I am very tall
- I have green eyes and I am overweight
- I have wavy hair and I have black eyes
- My brother has curly hair and He is short
- My mom is very tall and my sister is skinny
- My best friend is tall and she has blue eyes.
How to Describe your City
Places in Town Vocabulary
|bus stop||Bus terminal|
|bus station||taxi stop|
|subway station||parking lot|
|Train station||gas station|
|Police Department||Fire Department|
|City Hall||Town Hall|
|Amusement Park||Water Park|
Places to Eat
|Pizzeria||fast food restaurant|
|Shopping Center||Shopping Mall|
|Department Store||Shoe store|
|Fitness Center||Tennis court|
|Maternity House||Health Center|
|Day care center||Campus|
|Rental Agency||Real State Agency|
|Repair Shop||Service Station|
Prepositions of place
- besides to
- next to
- infront of
- across from
- around the corner from
- on main street
- on the second floor
- at 415 main street
Description of places
- Is there a university in your city? Where is the university located?
- Are there highschools in your city? Where is the highschool located?
- Is there a drugstore in your city? Where is thedrugstore?
- Are there supermarket in you city? Where is the supermarket?
- Are there banks in your city? Where is the bank?
- Is there a park in your community? Where is thepark?
- Is there a bakery in your town? Where is the bakery?
- Is there a gym in your neighborhood? Where is the gym?
- Is there a hospital or clinic in your community? Where is the hospital or clinic?
- Are there shoe stores near your house? Where is the shoe store?
Describe Your Neighborhood – There is and There are
I live in a small town in Honduras, in my community, you can find all kind of places, for example, you can go to the swimming pool which is located near the park.
There are three supermarkets and there is a bus station next to the bank. There are no airports or train stations in my town.
There is a hospital near the park and you can find two or three dugstores.