Describe Professions and Occupations Vocabulary
- Bank Teller
- Police Officer
- Real State Agent
- Police Officer
- Website Designer
- It Professional
Lesson Plan: Describe Professions and Occupations
- Teacher shows a collage made up of different professions and occupations.
- Student try to identify as many professions as they can.
- Students make group of 4 to 6 people
- Students are sent a wordle made up of professions and activities these professional do
- Students try to identify new vocabulary in it
- Group leaders do mimics so their groups guess what the words are.
- The group with more correct guesses within a minute wins
- Students are divided into two categories: Student A and Student B
- Student A is given a list of occupations with a paranthesis
- Student B are given one or two responsibilities
- Students A have to talk to different students B to complete the matching (Column A)
- Student are given a set of question such as:
- What’s your name?
- What do you do?
- Where do you work?
- Where is the company located?
- What are some of your responsibilities?
- What qualities do you need to do your job?
- Student answer the question using any information they want
- Once they are ready, they ask and answer these questions.
- Student make groups of 4
- They choose a company or create a fictional one
- Each member of the group has a job in the company
- once they are ready, they present their company to their classmates by having group to group conversations
Student answer a short quiz created using Google Forms.
More Teaching Ideas and Resources
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Talk about Daily Routines
- Task Based Lesson: How to Ask for Personal Information
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Introduce Yourself in English
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Describe Professions and Occupations
- Task-Based Lesson: How to Describe a Place of Work or Study