How to Describe Personality in English
Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
The study of personality focuses on two broad areas: One is understanding individual differences in particular personality characteristics, such as sociability or irritability.
The other is understanding how the various parts of a person come together as a whole.
Positive Adjectives to Describe Personality
These are some examples of positive adjectives to describe personality:
Negative Adjectives to Describe Personality in English
These are some examples of negative adjectives to describe personality in English
Quantifiers about Personality in English
These are some quantifiers to use when talking about personality in English
|Kind of||Sort of|
Sentences about Personality in English
These are some phrases to describe your personality in English
|I would say that I am …||I would say that I am extroverted|
|I’m …||I’m an easy going person|
|I have …||I have a good sense of humor|
|I describe myself||I describe myself as an optimistic person|
|I guess I’m||I guess I’m moody|
These are examples that include some of the positive and adjectives to describe personality in English
- He is shy, he never talks to anybody
- She is talkative, she never stops talking
- I consider myself lazy, I don’t like to work hard
- He is always kind with new students
- My dad is optimistic, he thinks everything is going to be alright
- We are very bright students
- They are very funny, they always make friends laugh.
- She is quiet, She never says much
- He is a very honest man, he will tell you the truth
- She is jealous, she doesn’t want others to win.
- I am very brave, I face dangerous and difficult situations.
- Mike is clever, he is good at learning things.
- He is an easy-going guy, definitely a guy who is easy to get a long with.
- James is so lucky, he bought a lottery and he won.
- Lucas is tidy, his desk is well organized.
- Maria is very irresponsible, she never does her homework.
Personality Conversation Questions
These are conversation questions that can help you talk about personality:
First Set – Personality Conversation Questions
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you angry?
- Are you happy with your personality?
- Are you shy? Do you make friends easily?
- Are you an outgoing person?
- How do you organize files in your computers?
- What kinds of people do you get along well with?
- can you think of ten verbs to describe personality?
- having a great personality makes you attractive?
- What characteristics does a leader need to have?
- How would you describe a brave person?
Second Set – Personality Conversation Questions
- How are male and female personalities different?
- How has your personality changed over the years?
- What personality types are you attracted to?
- How would you describe your best friend?
- How would you describe your husband or wife?
- How would you describe your favorite teacher?
- Do you consider yourself an optimistic person?
- Do you consider yourself a negative person?
- Do you consider yourself a hardworking person?
- Do you consider yourself a confident person?
- How would you describe an easy-going person?
Third Set – Personality Conversation Questions
- Can you describe your personality?
- Do you consider yourself a lazy person?
- Are you a patient or your impatient person?
- How would you describe an introvert person?
- How would you describe an extrovert person?
- Do you consider yourself a jealous person?
- Would you like to be different?
- Are you happy with your personality?
- Do you think that you are selfish person?
- Are you a determined person? Are you a stubborn person?
- How would you describe a courageous person?
Follow EnglishPost.org on Facebook
You can check our latest articles in any of these pages:
Check these pages and sites before you go:
- English Lessons on EnglishPost.Org
- English Grammar Lessons on Englishpost.org
- ESL Conversation Questions
For more information about lessons and conversation, you should check these two articles: