How to Describe a Place of Work or Study
Vocabulary and Grammar
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee shop
- Computer Lab
- Human Resources
- Parking Lot
- I work in an office.
- I work in a school.
- I work in a factory.
- I work in Paris.
- I work in France.
- I work in the marketing department.
- I work in human resources.
- I work in sales.
a general area/industry:
- I work in finance.
- I work in medical research.
- I work in consulting.
Place of study: I study at UTN. Its a public university. It has 5 campuses in different parts of Costa Rica. I study in Central campus. It is in Alajuela. It has 6 buildings for classes, one for the administrative work, a cafeteria and some recreational areas.
Place of work: I work for Trinito. It is a software designing company. It is in San José. The building has 5 different departments. I work in the sales department. The company produces software for intelligent cellphones.
Lesson Plan: How to Describe a Place of Work or Study
- The class starts with a bingo game with words studied
- Teacher sends a bingo game created using myfreebingocards.com
- Teacher divides the class in two groups.
- Group A has a speaking card with questions and Group B has a speaking card with questions
- Students pratice asking and answering questions with students
- Students make pairs create a collage made up of nine pictures about their place of study or workplace
- Once the collage is ready, students have to talk about it with other pair of classmates
- Teacher reviews issues with accuracy during the tasks performed today
- Students take a short quiz to cover the lessons studied during the past 4 lessons
- How to Give Personal Information
- How to Describe Physical Appearance
- How to Talk about Daily Routines
- How to Describe Jobs in English
- English Lessons: How to Introduce Yourself in English
- English Lesson: How to Describe a Place of Work or Study