How to Describe a Place of Work or Study
Vocabulary and Grammar
- I work in an office.
- I work in a school.
- I work in a factory.
- I work in Paris.
- I work in France.
- I work in the marketing department.
- I work in human resources.
- I work in sales.
a general area/industry:
- I work in finance.
- I work in medical research.
- I work in consulting.
- The university has classrooms with air conditioning.
- The Classrroms are equipped with smartboards.
- The University has a small gym.
- The university has accessible toilets.
- The university has claen restrooms.
- The university offfers scholarships for students who need it
- The University offer language courses
- The University offer different majors
- Where do you study?
- Where is the university located?
- Does the university have accessible toilets?
- Does the universtity have a gym?
- Does the university have classrooms with smartboards?
- Does the university have classrooms with air conditioning?
- Does the university offer scholarships to students?
- Does the university offer language courses?
- Does the university offer the business administration major?
- Does the university offer free WI-FI?
- Does the university have a cafeteria?
- Does the school have recreational areas?
Describing Where I work
Hello, My name is James, I work for Microsoft, The company is located in San Jose . I am a sales executive.
I sell the products that Microsoft offers, for example licences for the:
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office
- Office 365 for Businesses
Working with Microsoft in Costa Rica is great because the facilities have air conditioning and we have a super fast Internet connection.
I have my own office. I usually contact potential clients by phone or email. I usually work from Monday to Friday.
Sometimes I work from home. I get paid by commission so the more I sell, the more money I earn.
Microsoft has cars available in case I have a meeting with a client.
Working for Microsoft
Answer the questions based on the reading
Lesson Plan: How to Describe a Place of Work or Study
- The class starts with a bingo game with words studied
- Teacher sends a bingo game created using myfreebingocards.com
- Teacher divides the class in two groups.
- Group A has a speaking card with questions and Group B has a speaking card with questions
- Students pratice asking and answering questions with students
- Students make pairs create a collage made up of nine pictures about their place of study or workplace
- Once the collage is ready, students have to talk about it with other pair of classmates
- Teacher reviews issues with accuracy during the tasks performed today
- Students take a short quiz to cover the lessons studied during the past 4 lessons
- How to Give Personal Information
- How to Describe Physical Appearance
- How to Talk about Daily Routines
- How to Describe Jobs in English
- English Lessons: How to Introduce Yourself in English
- English Lesson: How to Describe a Place of Work or Study