How to Talk about Daily Routines
Daily Routines Vocabulary
- To wake up
- To get up
- To have breakfast
- To take a shower
- To go to school
- To take the bus
- To have lunch
- To study for exams
- To read a book
- To go to bed
- To chat with friends
- To go to the pool
- To get dressed
- To comb my hair
- To clean up the room
- To stay up late
- To watch tv
- To play video games
- To listen to music
- To do the dishes
- To check facebook
- To hang out with friends
- To play sports
- To brush my teeth
- To do the homework
- To have dinner
- To walk the dog
- To do exercises
- To talk to friends
Daily Routines Examples
- I usually go to the soccer field in the morning
- I take a breakfast around 8
- She usually does the dishes after breakfast
- My mom usually goes to be around 9
- I never wake up before 5
- My brother plays video games every afternoon
- I check facebook and Instagram every day.
- My family and I go to the beach every weekend
- My brother is in a soccer team, He play soccer every day.
- I study English every day and I take classes on the weekends
Daily Routines English Conversation
- James: Hello, what are you doing?
- Mike: I always go running in the mornings
- James: Do you go running every day of the week?
- Mike: I usually run from Monday to Friday
- James: i Wish I could go running but I have to work.
- Mike: Are you going to my birthday party next sunday?
- James: Sorry but I have to go to church with my family
- Mike: No problem, have a good day
- James: Take care
My Daily Routine in Ten Sentences
My name is Derek. I always wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning then I take a shower and put my clothes on.
I have my breakfast and then I get the car out of the garage. I arrived to hisghchool at 7
At 11 o’clock I finish teaching classes then so I often take my lunch break and talk with my friends.
At around 12 noon I continue teaching classes until 4: 20 then I drive home.
When I get home, I usually watch some TV and chat with my family. At 9 o’clock I read a book and go to sleep.
Lesson Plan: Daily Routines
How to Talk about Daily Routines – Lesson Plan
Schema Activation (10 Mins)
- Students are sent a word search.
- Students have to find 20 words and check with a partner if they know the vocabulary in it
Pre-Task (80 Mins)
- Students are given pieces of paper with questions and answers
- Students have to move around the classroom and find the question related the answer and viceversa
- Students are sent pictures with the daily routines of famous people
- Student analyze the vocabulary and they choose one of the schedules
- They take turn telling their schedules to other people
- Students are sent a google form.
- They have to interview several of their classmates and send the result to the group
Main Task (40Mins)
- students are sent a wordle via whatsapp with key vocabulary
- They make group of 4
- They have to make questions to their classmates.
- Teacher reviews some of the most common mistakes during today’s class
Teaching Daily Routines in English
- Students play a daily routine bingo game
- They are sent a link to play the bingo
- Students write their daily routines.
- Once they are ready, they exchange daily routines with classmates
- Students reports the daily routines of a classmate.
- Students are given a sheet of questions and answers.
- Students write the missing question or answer.
- Students create a collage and talk to their classmates about the daily routines of a person they know.
- Once they are ready, students talk to each other about the daily routines of people they know.
- Students take a quiz to make sure they understood the topic