Review of Last Class
Students answer these two questions:
- What leadership qualities do you have?
- What leadership qualities do you want?
- Students listen to this audio and they note down the things that they are able to understand
- Students listen the audio again and answer these questions
- What’s swot?
- What are the benefits of a SWOT analysis?
- Students do a SWOT Analysis of their personality using this worksheet and this worksheet.
- Students identidy the different parts of the SWOT using this worksheet.
- Students are going to talk about the strenghts, weaknessess , Opportunities and Threat of a ficticious company, they record it and we listen to it in class.
- Teacher takes some time to reinforce the problematic areas in pronunciation and grammar.
- Students answer this worksheet about SWOT Analysis
What are soft Skills?
Personal attributes that enable someone to interact effectively and harmoniously with other people.
Examples of Soft Skills
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Research Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Coaching Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- She is an ethical person
- They have management abilities
- We are problem solvers
- I can work under pressure
- I can take criticism
- I am a great team player
- I am a great communicator
- I am adaptable to change.
Teacher gives a images in which the main 12 soft skills are detailed, then students are given a list of eleven soft skills, teacher reads sentences from a Quizlet Set and students identify what soft skill the sentence is refering to.
Students match soft skills with behaviour related to those soft skills. The matching can be seen here
Students assess what soft skills they have and what abilities they don’t have using a presentation
Teacher reads a description of a person that describes the soft skills that he has, the ones that he wishes to have and the ones that they would like to see in their colleagues: Students complete a chart with the information: Example 1 and Example 2
Students create a dialogue in which an employer talks to a potential employee about his or her set of soft skills.
Students answer a quiz about soft skills