Air Pollution Vocabulary and Questions
What is air pollution?
Air pollution occurs when gases, dust particles, fumes or odour are introduced into the atmosphere in a way that makes it harmful to humans, animals and plants.
Air Pollution typically separated into two categories:
- Outdoor air pollution
- Indoor air pollution.
Causes of Air Pollution
- Emissions from Industries
- Burning Fossil Fuels
- Household and farming chemicals
Effects of Air Pollution
- Respiratory and heart problems
- Global warming
- Acid Rain
- Effect on Wildlife
- Depletion of Ozone layer
Solutions to Air Pollution
- Use public mode of transportation
- Conserve energy
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Emphasis on clean energy resources
- Use energy efficient devices
Air Pollution Conversation Questions
- What’s air pollution?
- What are the main sources of air pollution?
- What’s the main cause of air pollution?
- What should we do to reduce air pollution?
- Carpooling is a way to reduce air pollution, what stops from carpooling to work?
- What measures have been taken by your government to reduce air pollution?
- What are the main effects of air pollution?
- What cities in the world are affected by air pollution?
- What’s smog?
Learn more about the environment in the following page: