- A company,
- social media marketing
- market leader
- market share
- market research
- Our products are more innovative than others. You may compare and see the difference.
- Our clients are more interested in our services because we are …..
- We make a difference in the market because…..
- Our idea is better because ….
- Our concept is less traditional than this group because…
Brands and Slogans
- Nike: “Just Do It”
- Apple: “Think Different”
- BMW: “Designed for Driving Pleasure”
- McDonald’s: “I’m Lovin’ It”
- General Electric: “Imagination at Work”
- The U.S. Marine Corps: “The Few. The Proud. The Marines.”
- Walmart: Save Money. Live Better
- Adidas: Impossible is Nothing.
- Sony: Make Believe.
- Disneyland – The happiest place on earth.
- KFC – Finger lickin’ good.
- Burger King – Have it your way.
- Nokia – Connecting people.
Schema Activation (10 Mins)
Teacher gives students a list of slogan and students have to identify the brand behind it.
Pre-Task Activities (50 Mins)
Task #1: Students are given for web addressses so they can analize the marketing strategies of the big companies
Task #2: Students listen to two dialogues, one about buying a television and another one about buying a refrigerator. They have to listen to the first dialogue and complete the sentences then they listen to the second one and they have to unscramble sentences to form the dialogue. They are given similar sentences to make it more interesting and challenging.
Task #3: Students are going to read a short description of a marketing campaign of a famous company and they have to answer some questions about their marketing strategy
Main Task (30 mins)
The students will select a product and they will talk about the the marketing mix of that specific product:
- Product: Main features or charactetistics.
- Price: The prices in which you can get such products locally and online.
- Place: Local, National or Online stores where you can buy the product.
- Promotion: Where the product is advertised.
Post Task (30 Mins)
Students will be shown a pciture and they have to write the basic characteristics of that marketing campaign
Quiz (30 Mins)
Time for an integrated activity, a quiz in which your listening, reading, writing will be tested.