Types of Employees Benefits and Perks
- Work Breaks: Breaks provided for rest.
- Meal Breaks: Breaks provided to eat a meal.
- Vacation leave: Time for vacations every year.
- Severance Pay: Money given to you given to employees upon termination of employment.
- Pay Raise: A pay increase based on goals and achievements.
- Paid Holidays: Extra payment for having to work on a holiday.
- Maternity Leave: paid or unpaid time off from work after the birth.
- Paternity Leave: paid or unpaid time off from work after the birth.
- Hazard Pay: Extra compensation for performing dangerous duties.
- Compensation time: Monety paid for working overtime.
- Retirement Benefits: Funds or pensions when you finish your career
- Health Insurance: Medical services offered to employees and their families.
- Life Insurance: Insurance that protects your family if you die.
- Company car: Vehicle given to employees who are always on the move.
- Flexible Schedule: You don’t have to work long hours.
- Christmas Bonus: Extra payment given on Christmas
- School Bonus: Extra payment given at the beginning of the year
Expressions to use with Work Benefits
- This company offers:
- This company offers many benefits such as:
- Students play the hangman to figure out class topic for today.
- Code: hhfafderhlhb
- code: hbtacafrhlhb
- Teacher shows presentation in which benefits are described visually, student use a list of words and use it to identify the benefit. Then Teacher gives a list of the definitions so they can indicate what benefit the sentence is describing. Teacher takes some time to reinforce pronunciation of new words. (20 Mins)
- Students are given a list of benefits and qualifications, they have to categorize them and then they have to make a sentence with them. (20 Mins)
- Teacher plays a youtube video called Top 10 Job Interview Do’s and Don’ts and they watch the video in order to reorder the advices from 1 to 10 according to the order in which they are presented, after that the teacher gives a worksheet in which they have to complete with key vocabulary from the video then Students are given a list of do’s and don’t and students have to classify them (30 Mins)
- Students are given some interview questions, they have to read it and answer the questions, then they practice the questions with a partner. (20 Mins)
Main Task (30 Mins)
- Class is divided in two groups
- Half of the group creates a fictional company and think about the following questions
- Name of the company
- Position they offer
- Benefits they offer
- Other questions such as the schedule
- The other half prepare themselves to ask questions to the human resource managers in differente stands
Post- Task (30 Mins)
- Students take some time and together they complete a kahoot quiz.
- Teacher takes some times to cover pronunciation and grammar problems