- Airport: The place you go when you want to travel by plane to another city
- Bakery: you can buy fresh bread and cakes there
- Bank: you deposit or withdraw/take out your money there. You can cash a check.
- Bookstore: you can buy books and magazines in that place
- Bus station: the place you go when you want to travel by bus to another city
- Butcher’shop: they sell fresh meat
- café: you can buy a cup of coffee and cakes or sandwiches
- Church: a religious place of worship
- Department Store: a large store that sells clothes, household appliances etc. in sections
- Cinema/movies: you can see the latest movies there. Many people eat popcorn while they’re there.
- Fire station: the building where firemen keep their equipment including the fire-engine
- Gas Station: the place you go to get fuel.
- Gym: you can do exercises, weight training and keep fit there
- Beauty Salon: you go there when you want to cut your hair
- Hospital: you go there when you need a surgery or someone is going to have a baby
- Hotel: where you sleep when you visit another city
- Jail / Prison: criminals go there for a number of days or years
- Library: a place where you can read and borrow books
- Pharmacy/ Drugstore: you can buy medicine and (legal) drugs
- Police Station: when a person is arrested, the police takes him/her to this place
- Park: a public area in a city with trees and green areas where you can rest, play or walk your dog
- Restaurant: you go there when you do not want to cook at home. They prepare meals for you.
- School: a place where children learn
- Supermarket: a large store that sells food, drinks and household items
video store – you rent a movie or a DVD for a couple of days from this place
- Students watch a video about places around town and they answer questions that help students remember what was studied in the previous class.
- Students make three teams, they are given short pieces of paper, they have to do mimics so their team member guess the good, the service or the product found in the pieces of paper. Students have the words in a wordle
- Teacher gives a presentation to the students with sentences, they read them and identify if those are goods or services.
- Teacher invites students to play the Kahoot Game so they can review more about places and the good and services they offer.
- Students listen to a conversation and they answer the questions, they practice the conversation with a partner.
- Students record themselves talking about where to get good and services. They do the activity in groups of three. They record themselves and they make two questions to their classmates to make sure they are paying attention.
- Students make pairs and answer the questions using a google form.