Objective: Describing Professionals and the tasks they do
Target Vocabulary and Grammar
- Bank Teller
- Police Officer
- Real State Agent
- Police Officer
- Factory Worker
- Website Designers
- It Professional
- To design Websites
- To sell properties
- To keep people safe
- To keep people healthy
- To filter calls
- To write stories for the press
- To supervise factory workers
- To charge for products you buy
- To keep financial accounts
- To help with bank transactions
- To teach about subjects
- To design buildings
- To supervise constructions
- To translate from one language into another
- To offer computer support
- Where do you work ?
- I work for Microsoft
- I work at Google INC
- Where do you do there ?
- What do you do exactly?
- I design websites
- What do you do as a receptionist for microsoft?
- I take calls and sometimes I take notes during meetings
- What do you usually do at the Bank?
- As a bank teller, I help people with transactions.
- Teacher tells students to install / open the Quizlet and find for the quizlet set about occupations, during five minutes they check / review the target vocabulary then they go to another classmate and they practice by recalling the meaning of new words.
- Half of the group is given a quizlet set with tasks that professionals do and the other half is given a list of occupations, the first half reads the tasks from the quizlet set and the second half try to guess the name of the occupation they are referring to.
- Students continue using the quizlet with the list of occupations,the teacher enter tasks into an avatar, the avatar reads the descriptions and students listen carefully and tell what profession the avatar is describing.
- Two dialogues are sent to the students, the students practice the dialogues with a partner and they change seats every one minute and a half. Both dialogues can be seen here and here
- Student make groups of four to talk about a company , they must pick the name of the company and they must introduce two or three professionals of such company, those professional must describe the tasks that they usually do
- students rehearse doing the presentation and teacher monitors and offers help if neeeded
- Class listens to the presentations
- Students are gonna take a Kahoot Quiz about occupations and tasks, You can see the Kahoot Quiz here.