Objective: Exchange Information and describe facilities and services offered by different companies and Institution
Target Vocabulary and Grammar
- Free Wi-Fi : Wifi Gratis
- Conference Center : Centro de Conferencias
- Fitness Center: Gimnasio
- Free Parking: Parqueo Gratuito
- Medical facilities: Facilidades medicas
- Conference Center: Centro de Conferencias
- Copy Center: Servicio de Fotocopiado
- Auditorium: Auditorio
- Restroom: Tocador
- Reception: Recepción
- Dorms: Dormitorios
- Library: Biblioteca
- Office: Oficina
- Security Booths: Casetilla de seguridad
- Computer Lab: Laboratorio de computo
- Cafeteria: Cafeteria
- Website: Sitio Web
Places found around companies and Institutions
- airport : Aeropuerto
- bakery : Panaderia
- bank : Banco
- bookstore: Libreria
- bus station: Estación de Bus
- cafe: Cafe
- church: Iglesia
- court: Corte
- department store : Tienda por Departamentos
- Movie theather: Cine
- fire station: Estacion de Bomberos
- gas station: Estación de gasolina
- gym: Gimnasio
- hospital: Hospital
- hotel: Hotel
- gallery: Galeria
- library: Biblioteca
- museum: Museo
- Drugstore : Farmacia
- police station : Estación de Policia
- park: Parque
Target Structures and Phrases
- Where is the gym located? :
- The Gym is located by the central park
- Are there any banks around here?
- Yes , There are two banks around here
- Is there a drugstore nearby?
- Yes There isn’t
- Does the company have an auditorium?
- No, It doesn’t
- Does the Company have free Wifi?
- Yes, it does
- Can you tell me where the cafeteria is ?
- It is on the second floor
- What does the cafeteria offer?
- The cafeteria offers a variety of snacks
- Can I have some information about the company?
- Yes,The company is located in Alajuela and it has excellent facilities , it has a copy center and a computer lab.
- Does the company have a website?
- Yes it does, the company’s website is utn.com
- Does the company have a computer lab?
- Yes, it does, actually it has three computer labs
Students using the Quizlet application will review the vocabulary that will be studied in class, students say the words aloud to themselves and their classmates, Students can also flip the card to know the meaning in spanish or click the microphone button to listen the pronunciation. The Quizlet set can be seen here
Teacher prepares a kahoot quiz, students install the application in their cellphone and the person with the most correct and fast answers will be crowned the winner. The kahoot quiz and jumble can be seen here and here
Students practice in pairs the target structures that will be sent to them via whatsapp. The structures can be seen here , the students will switch places and practice with different classmates.
Part of the students are going to access a survey created using google forms. The survey will be sent to through a link, the student will interview one of the classmates asking personal information questions, company questions and questions about their surroundings. they survey can be seen here
Students in pairs create a phone conversation between a client and a receptionist in which the receptionist has to answer questions about the services and facilities the company she works for offers.
Student take 10 minutes to practice the dialogue and the teacher coaches them in terms of pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
Students record the conversation using a whatsapp or the stock audio recorder of their cellphones and later those conversation are heard in class connecting their phones to the speakers. Teacher will ask questions to their classmates regarding to what they heard.
Students will receive a powerpoint presentaton with images and they will describe the facilities of a company to their classmates or the places located around the company. The presentation can be seen here