PRESENTATION OF THE TOPIC
Key verbs to teach about likes and dislikes
- enjoy , hate , prefer , like , dislike , enjoy
- read , listen , play , talk , dance , speak , run , jump , swim, jog , watch , catch ,throw , jump
- I like eating ice cream
- I am crazy about sports
- I am fond of chocolate
- I am a huge fan of soccer
- I dislike wasting time
- I don’t like golf at all
- I can’t stand soccer fans
- I detest being late
With the vocabulary previously taught , I dictate these sentences to the students.
- I like to read books.
- I always go to church.
- I always watch movies at night.
- I never play soccer at school.
- Sometimes I go swimming in the river.
- I hardly ever go to the gym.
- I am crazy about sports.
- I usually take the bus to school.
- I like to play video games.
- I never study for the exams.
Answer the following questionS about your likes , dislikes and preferences.
- What kind of music do you like?
- What are your favorite TV Shows?
- How often do you watch TV?
- How often do you watch movies?
- What Sports do you like?
- How often do you play sports?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Do you like fast food or home-made food?
- How often do you do exercises?
Create a dialogue with one of your partners about likes , dislikes and preferences