Social Networks have changed the way we live . Social Networks keep the same goal which is connecting people but each of them has an special feature that makes them stand out among the others.
Facebook: The site was launched on 2004 and it has more than 1.5 billion users , users can upload pictures , post a status about everything they do such as the book they’re reading , the movie or show they are watching and the music they are listening to , their location and so much more.
Twitter: It is a networking site where I can share pictures , links and texts in a short message of 140 word messages called tweets , People usually post on twitter during live events so Twitter is considered the SMS of the Internet due to the amount of messages people tweet. The site was launched on 2006
LinkedIn: This social network isn’t necessarily for youngsters , the site was launched on 2003 as a site to promote professional relationships. On LinkedIn you can post your resume , follow companies you are interested in , bookmark jobs and congratulate each other on new employments.
Instagram: The site was acquired by Facebook on 2012 after its initial released on 2013 , Instagram main feature is the option to upload your photographs and short 15 second videos and share it with friends.
Vine : Vine is a short-form video sharing service. Founded in June 2012, it was acquired by microblogging website Twitter in October 2012, The service allows users to record and edit six-second long video clips called vines,
Google +: It’ s a social networking and identity service that is owned by Google Inc. You can do most of the things that you do on Facebook with it, the site was launched on 2011 and it is linked to other Google products such as Gmail and Youtube.
Pinterest: It’s described as a visual discovery tool where you can collect ideas for projects and interests in boards , the site was launched in 2010 and 83 % of the Pinterest users are women.
Read the text and determine if the statements are true or false.
- Facebook was launched before LinkedIn:________________
- Vine was acquired by Facebook four months after being founded:_______________
- Instagram videos are longer than vine videos:_____________
- Instagram was acquired by Twitter on 2012:______________
- Pictures can be uploaded to vine:__________________________
- Resumes can be posted on LinkedIn:_______________________
- Tweets are one hundred and fifty word messages:___________
- Vine and Instagram were founded on the same year:_____________
- Twitter is considered a microblogging site:_____________
- Vines are fifteen second video clips:___________
- Twitter was launched two years after facebook was launched;______________
- Youtube belongs to Google Inc:___________
- Pinterest is only for women:_____________