Specific diseases, disorders, injuries
- Skin: skin irritation, skin inflammation, redness, tenderness, swelling, rash, itching, acne, pimple, blister, burn, scar, scratch
- Eye: nearsightedness, farsightedness,conjunctivitis, , cataract.
- Ear: wax blockage, hearing loss, earache, ruptured eardrum.
- Nose, throat, lungs: nosebleed, runny nose, stuffy nose, rhinitis, hay fever, sinusitis, a cold, laryngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma.
- Heart and circulation: high blood pressure, heart disease, heart failure, heart attack, cardiac arrest.
- Blood: anemia, bleeding, internal bleeding, hemorrhage, leukemia.
- Brain and nervous system: headache, migraine, dizziness , meningitis, epilepsy, convulsions, seizure, stroke, paralysis, cerebral palsy, dementia.
- Nutrition: vitamin deficiency , obesity, to be overweight, weight loss, anorexia, bulimia.
- Stomach, intestines: indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, gastritis, colitis, appendicitis, cholera.
- Liver: hepatitis, , cirrhosis.
- Kidneys: kidney stones.
- Bones, joints: backache / back pain,osteoporosis, arthritis.
- Muscles: muscle spasm, muscle cramp, muscular dystrophy, hernia.
- Injuries: injury, wound, trauma, hand injury, knee injury, foot injury, head injury, concussion, contusion, fracture, fractured bone, sprained ankle, bruise to have a broken arm.
- General infections: the flu / influenza, tuberculosis, tetanus, rabies, yellow fever,, smallpox, anthrax.
- Infectious diseases: measles, polio, chicken pox, scarlet fever.
- Hormonal disorders: diabetes.
- Oncology: benign tumor, malignant tumor, cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, skin cancer.
- Mental disorders: depression, phobia, schizophrenia.
- Addictions: alcohol abuse, drug abuse.
Key Phrases to Use
I have ………………….
- a stiff neck
- a twisted ankle
- an ear infection
- a heart attack
- an allergic reaction
- a runny nose
- a deep cut
- a sore throat
- a chest pain
- my leg
- my arm
- a cold
- the flu
- I sprained my ankle
- I twisted my ankle
Practice the vocabulary using these quizlet flashcards and games
Students can write or talk about some way to prevents some common Illnesses , Diseases and Epidemics
- You should drink plenty of water
- You should take some medicaments
- You shoud drink a hot soup
- You should take vitamin C
- You should rest
- You should take some rest
- You should take a painkiller
- You should apply a Ice Pack in the back of your neck
Additional Worksheets and Audios
- Worksheet #1: Symptoms
- Worksheet #2: Treatment Match
- Resource #1: Sitting Posture
- Common Illnesses, Diseases and Epidemics -Audio (Password: Englishpost.org)