The Gerund as the Subject of a Sentence
- Gambling is a very dangerous occupation.
- Flying makes me nervous.
- Gardening is my favorite hobby.
- Running is good exercise.
The Gerund as a Subject complement
- One of life’s pleasures is having breakfast in bed.
- My favorite pastime is reading books
- Something that I hate is working long hours
- All I have been doing is watching TV
The Gerund After Prepositions
- Can you sneeze without opening your mouth?
- She is good at painting.
- Leslie got into trouble for talking to Sarah.
- Brush you teeth before going to bed.
The Gerund After Phrasal Verbs
- When will you give up smoking?
- She always puts off going to the dentist.
- Tom looked into finding a new apartment.
- She took a long time to get over losing her mom
The Gerund in Compound Nouns
- I am giving Sally a driving lesson.
- They have a swimming pool in their back yard.
- I am taking singing lessons
- I bought some new running shoes.
The Gerund After Some Expressions
- She couldn’t help falling in love with him.
- I can’t stand being stuck in traffic jams.
- When I came in they stopped talking.
- I enjoy Cooking with my mom