Music plays a big role in learning English , I always say that people with a love for american culture do better than learners that simply listen to English while they are in the classroom. The following are a series of steps of stuff that you can do with music.
- Be a fan of music , love it and make it serve you a greater purpose than just the delight of listening to it.
- Download the videos or the audio of your favorite videos to listen to them on the go using sites such as savevid.com for downloading videos or listentoyoutube.com for downloading mp3 songs.
- Once you have saved your videos or songs to your device , Visit a site such as AzLyrics.com to get the lyrics .
- Paste the lyrics into a word document and do one of the following ideas.
- Remove words from the lyrics so Students listen for the missing words.
- Try including words written phonetically so students can listen for them or figure them out. (the Cambrige online Dictionary can help you with that)
- Try also including definition of words so students look for the words in the text . ( the Cambrige online Dictionary can help you with that too)
- Try including a synonyms and antonyms search in the lyrics, you provide the words so students go and look for the synonyms and antonyms within the text ,( Synonyms.com can help you do that )
- Try including a grammar search, that means finding particular aspects of grammar or parts of the speech within the lyrics.
- Tell students to find the best part of the lyrics and express why they like it.
Be ready to answer questions about vocabulary and why you like that particular song