As part of my online training , I have been learning new things concerning reading , in a previous post , I included a few ideas about examples of reading techniques and it seems that one of the topics of the week will be while-reading activities.
While-reading activities is defined as activities that help students to focus on aspects of the text and to understand it better , a few examples of while reading activities could be any one of the following
- Identify topic sentences and the main idea of paragraphs.
- Distinguish between general and specific ideas.
- Identify the connectors (however, moreover, thus, etc) to see how they link ideas within the text.
- Check whether or not predictions and guesses are confirmed.
- Skim/scan a text for specific information.
- Answer literal and inferential question
|1)||Identify topic sentences and the main idea of paragraphs.|
|2)||Distinguish between general and specific ideas.|
|3)||Identify the connectors (however, moreover, thus, etc) to see how they link ideas within the text.|
|4)||Check whether or not predictions and guesses are confirmed.|
|5)||Skim/scan a text for specific information.|
|6)||Answer literal and inferential question|