Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
In recent years, most major retailers have opened extremely early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season, similar.
For many years, it was common for retailers to open at 6:00 a.m., but in the late 2000s many had crept to 5:00 or even 4:00. This was taken to a new extreme in 2011, when several retailers (including Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Best Buy) opened at midnight for the first time. In 2012, Walmart and several other retailers announced that they would open most of their stores at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day
Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the Monday after Thanksgiving in the United States. The term “Cyber Monday” was created by marketing companies to persuade people to shop online. The term made its debut on November 28, 2005 and it has became quickly in one of the biggest online shopping days of the year”
Black Friday Season: Currently major retailers such as Amazon and Walmart kick off the month offering discount a day after Halloween so Thanksgiving isn’t a day anymore but a season.
Mark if the statements are true or false
- Black Friday isn’t the only day to get good shopping deals:____________________________
- Black Friday takes place after Halloween:_____________________________
- The shopping on the Black Friday starts on an early Friday morning:____________________
- Cyber Monday takes place after Thanksgiving:_______________________________
- Cyber Monday focused mainly in online shopper:_________________________________
- Discounts are available during the whole month of November:____________________________
omewhere expensive, so I brought her to the gas station