The following video is one of best videos related to Second Language Acquisition which is one of the theories that changed my whole perspective about learning a language
13 Great and powerful statements
- We all acquire language the same way.
- We are very concerned how students are different, not how students are the same.
- We acquire language when we understand what people tell us .
- Talking is not practicing .
- Speaking is not the beginning of language acquisition , it is the result of comprehensible input.
- It is not what you say but what the other person says to you.
- Speaking is an indirect contribution to language acquisition.
- Motivated students do better in language acquisition.
- Students with more self-esteem do better in language acquisition.
- The lower the anxiety , the better the language acquisition.
- Students need to assume that they are going to be successful.
- There is a Language Acquisition Device in all of us.
- Don’t believe in torture but a little anxiety is OK
besides the video you can expand your knowledge by reading the document “Principles and Practices in Second Language Acquisition” and ” Second Language Acquisition and Second Language Learning”