Due to popular demand , the whole 1 hour ‘Introduction to teaching pronunciation’ video by Adrian Underhill is available for you to view.
- We keep pronunciation as a mental activity when it is also a physical activity
- We need to make a connection between the head and the muscles
- The symbols are the reminder of the sounds
- Mistakes are syllabus
- A vowel has many acceptable sounds
- We need all the sounds now so we need to present them together
Great explanation about the use of vowel sounds in the phonetic alphabet and also useful good display of techniques to teach them