- We can’t teach everything that we know about pronunciation.
- We have to teach one thing at a time.
- We have to use the term accent addition instead of accent reduction.
- Teach only the highest priority issues.
- Punctuations matters for listening comprehension.
- Word stress matters for listening comprehension.
- Repetition is to build Long -term memory.
- Quality repetition is important
- Intonation is to contrast new information and old information
- Intonation is to separate thought groups
- People are scared of contractions, they are a listening comprehension barrier
- Schwa is the most common sound in spoken english
- Final consonants are crucial in spoken english.